In the latest instalment of the Movie Matters podcast, co-hosts Lee Howard and Michael Mackenzie turn their attention to two distinctly different projects featuring the talented and chameleon-like Gillian Anderson: director James Marsh and writer Tom Bradby's 2012 political thriller SHADOW DANCER, starring Andrea Riseborough and Clive Owen, and director Jakub Verbruggen and writer Allan Cubitt's gripping 2013 mini-series THE FALL. Both share an actress and a setting, Northern Ireland, but there the similarities end.
The podcast also provides the co-hosts with an opportunity to catch up on other films they've been watching recently.
- Interview with actor Aidan Gillen about socio-political context of Belfast at The Guardian
- Director Jakub Verbruggen at Flanders Image
- Writer Allan Cubitt at The Guardian
- Article about names used in THE FALL at The Guardian
- Giallo-Rama event and TORSO screening at lovelockandload
Created by Lee Howard & Michael Mackenzie
Edited by Lee Howard
Music/audio selection and editing by Michael Mackenzie & Lee Howard
Music from SHADOW DANCER by Dickon Hinchliffe and THE FALL by Unloved