Sunday 17 April 2011

Movie Matters #7

The long-overdue seventh instalment of the Movie Matters podcast arrives in the form of a Danny Boyle special, looking at the two latest instalments in the gifted director's diverse filmography: SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE and 127 HOURS. Co-hosts Lee Howard and Michael Mackenzie also discuss this year's Oscar results, take a look at this month's new DVD and Blu-ray releases, and induct another nominee into the Blu-ray Hall of Fame.



The music sampled in this episode is from 127 HOURS ("The Funeral" by Band of Horses and "Never Hear Surf Music Again" by Free Blood) and SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE (by A.R. Rahman), as well as the latest addition to the Blu-ray hall of fame. Special thanks to David Mackenzie for audio support.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I think Danny Boyle is vastly overrated, but I'll give this ep a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done.
    I need to rewatch Shallow Grave.
    I remember liking that film a lot.
    I am interested in 127 Hours, more so for the subject matter than the fact that Boyle directed it, but Slumdog, for me, is only a *** (out of *****) film.
    Thanks for another shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny Boyle's career is one that has gotten away from me. I didn't even know that he directed 'The Beach'. I remember when the trifecta of 'Shallow Grave', 'Trainspotting', & 'A Life Less Ordinary' were released, & I didn't see any of them until much later. Then all of a sudden, I remember not hearing anything about Boyle until '28 Days Later' came out. So far, the only thing I've seen by Boyle (aside from his work on 'Morse') are television cuts of 'Shallow Grave' & '28 Days Later'.

    ReplyDelete